My research looking at email’s role in promoting belief in false political rumors has been in the news recently.
- E-Mail Beats Blogs and Web Sites for Rumor Mongering”, Christopher Intagliata, Scientific American’s 60-second science podcast, March 10, 2011, http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode.cfm?id=email-beats-blogs-and-websites-for-11-03-10
- Biggest Source of Gossip Online? Your Email-Forwarding Friend”, Michelle Castillo, Time’s Techland blog, March 11, 2011, http://techland.time.com/2011/03/11/biggest-source-of-gossip-online-your-email-forwarding-friend/
- Misinformation is as Close as Your Inbox”, Tom Jacobs, Miller-McCune, March 3, 2011,http://www.miller-mccune.com/culture-society/misinformation-is-as-close-as-your-in-box-28802/
- Research on rumor mongering cites Sarah Palin myths”, Doug O’Harra, Alaska Dispatch, March 10, 2011, http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/research-rumor-mongering-cites-sarah-palin-myths?page=full
- Radio interview with TBSeFM 1013 Main Street (Korea), March 15, 8:45am KST